Friday, May 23, 2014

Wendy Reviews- Little Rachel Dark

Little Rachel Dark, by Karina Gioertz aka K.S Thomas 

 

Good Day Folks,

 

10+ stars

Every now and then you have a book adventure better than normal. I met K.S Thomas(Karina Gioertz) and her lovely daughter . Both K.S. Thomas and I won best children book awards at Turning the Pages Award Ceremony in Orlando April 26th.  Her book  Little Rachel Dark won best children’s ages 6-8.  So I down-loaded the book, all I can say is wow. I would suggest this read for all ages. 


Only you can find your inner light and let it out for everyone to see. Beautiful important message for all! The story flows and I could not put it down until I finished the story. I have read it more than once. The illustrations are beautiful and add to the story. It made me feel warm, tingly and best of all, brought a smile. 


The story is about a young girl who has no face. Her pet zebra, Candy Stripe, one day says I bet you have beautiful smile and eyes under that black blur. The zebra tries to find her beautiful face with the wind, make-up, flashlight but none of those work.  Shockingly when the flashlight was used to find her face it changed to empty space.  Rachel was tired and a little afraid of change but is used to her black blur. She has a dream about the sun which is blocked out by fog and dark clouds. Rachel wants to help the sun shine through, and suggests using wind. The sun tells her it does not need her help and laughs. The sun can take care of that all on its own. The sun closed eyes and began to think of all the things that made it happy. The sun became brighter and was no longer hidden.  Rachel asks how the sun did this.

...

 The sun smiled and said “It was easy; you have to learn to shine from the inside out. When you find your light, you never have to worry about being in the dark.  Rachel awakens and finds her light. The ending is a wonderful message of self-discovery and how fun the adventure is. 


This book should be in every elementary school. I wish I would have purchased a signed copy while I was at the book signing event in Orlando. I want this book in print (and that speaks huge volumes to how great this book is). 

Behind the Story

The story of Little Rachel literally came to me in a dream and I woke up with the title swirling around repeatedly in my mind as if my subconscious was making sure it would stick so I’d remember it once I was fully coherent. Thankfully, I did At the time, I had recently experienced the loss of someone very close to me and I was struggling with my own darkness. In a way, I think writing this story helped remind me of how simple it really is to turn on the light…when we’re ready.

Author Karina Gioertz (also writes under K.S. Thomas)

Dog Lover who likes her pastries full of cream and sugar….oh…and I write some. Aside from being an author, I am also a mom to a beautiful little girl. I tell everyone I named her after my great-grandmother (because that’s the mature answer), but really, I named her after my favorite princess – just so happens I got lucky and they had the same name…


If I wasn’t a writer, I would work on a horse ranch – I’m an animal lover (in addition to dogs, horses are at the top of my list). I wear flip-flops pretty much everywhere I go. I would rather stay awake until 5 am than get up at 5 am (years of bar tending have left their mark), if I can, I’m going to the beach AND I will always be nice to people who bring me chocolate…or coffee…if you bring me both, I’ll probably love you forever.


A gypsy at heart, I write the way I live, following the story wherever it may lead, always ready to start the next one. This is clearly reflected in my body of work which to date includes everything from Children’s Lit to Thrillers.

K.S Thomas is her authors name and has adult books as well.  


Check out her links.


http://www.amazon.com/Little-Rachel-Dark-Karina-Gioertz-ebook/dp/B00DTKZJYK


https://www.facebook.com/friedgatortail


https://twitter.com/friedgatortail






Thanks for stopping by, Hope you enjoyed Little Rachel Dark's Review as much as I loved the book! Enjoy the adventure every day brings you,
WB

No comments:

Post a Comment