Tuesday, March 15, 2016

James Gordon -GPA Bobo

Today we meet James Gordon, a children's author! 
Enjoy our interview and getting to know James. 
And then check out the buy links, and links to connect! 
ENJOY!!






Hi James, thanks for joining us today! Ready for a grilling?
Here we go! 

Where did you get your inspiration for writing?
 Life experiences are the best subject matter.

What do you see in your future of writing?
 Having Bobo be a household name as well as the author behind him

What genres do you hope to explore more of? 
Children’s Fiction and Hi My Name is Bobo is a step in the right direction.

 Are your characters based on anyone?
 Bobo is based on my life

How did you publish your books? Do you recommend others do this?
 I went through Amazon/CreateaSpace
 If you do not have a traditional author behind you I do.

Tell us a little about you...

     A) Did you always want to write? 
Have been writing since I was in grade school
    
 B) Do you have a family?
  Yes and a close one
(Mother Brother Daughter and Scooter the Beagle)
     
C) Do you work besides being an author?
 Yes I am a performer as well.
  
   D) What kind of hobbies do you enjoy? 
Video games, comic books reading cycling
   
  E) Do you have pets?
 Scooter the Beagle is my sibling.

    F) What is the most embarrassing thing you have done/participated in? 
                      ----When I was teaching, I slipped from the desk and fell.
  
   G) What is something humbling you have done and learned from? 
The roar of the crowd from my last performance 
at the Cavalcade of Authors is something I’ve never heard before.
  
   H) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
 Being recognized as the greatest poet of our time
Silly fun:
1) You just won a million dollars- what do you do first?  
Purchase a Porsche Pananmera

2) You won a trip around the world, but you pick the destinations, 
where are you visiting and why? 
London, France Dubai, Japan, and Maine. 
I’ve chosen these destinations because I have never been,
 and these might be destinations to provide 
experiences to facilitate my writing.

3) Its Halloween...people can find you dressed as? 
Batman the Dark Knight

4) Morning person or night person? 
Both. Afternoons aren't my thing.

5) Favorite cold breakfast food? 
Honey Nut Cheerios

6) Authors have multiple personalities...
what are some of yours, and how do they behave?
           ------ James is modest while G.P.A. is a tad arrogant.

7) Describe yourself using these letters 
James Jocular,
   author, 
 Mama’s boy,
  energetic 
 sensational

8) Favorite Drink:
 Chocolate milk

9) Do you like to cook---if so what kinds of food...if not-what do you like to eat? 
I love to grill

10) What is something unique about you? I don’t sleep much.

11) A genie granted you 3 wishes...what are they? 
Good and improved health and wealth for my entire family,
 right the wrongs I have done in my life, and to meet my true love

12) What is your favorite quote in life?
 Whether you like it, don’t like it sit down and
look at it because it is the best thing going today. "Ric Flair"
If you could tell your childhood self some advice for the future-
what would that be?
Be more courageous. Do not run.
Strive to be the best because it’s in you.

If you had to give advice to children out there wanting to 
become an author, aspiring to get their books published... 
what would that be?
 Practice. Read. Practice. Read. Travel. Read.

What is your Favorite book?
 Knight Fall (The Tale of the Battle between Batman and Bane)

2) If you have to give a recommended classics reading list to teens...
what would it contain? 
Catcher in the Rye , Invisible Man, Batman comics, 
Cyrano De Bergerac, and anything by Nathaniel Hawthorne


3) What are your go-to children's books to share with families?  
Hi MY Name is Bobo, Judy Blume  Harry Potter


You can buy James book at:




You can connect with James at:




No comments:

Post a Comment